Dominion



Talking Machine World, December 1916, p. 19: "The Dominion Phonograph Co., 93 Niagara St., Toronto, has recently registered."

The National Casket Company Factories occupied the buildings at 89-109 Niagara Street, Toronto, from 1906 to 1916. They were promoted as the largest funeral supply house in Canada. In 1916, Dominion Manufacturing Company purchased the property and continued the manufacturing of coffins for another 57 years. The newly-formed Dominion Phonograph Company manufactured phonographs for several years from its location at 93 Niagara Street. Their retail store was at 53 Cecil Street, near College and Spadina, where in August 1917 they advertised the sale of Majestic phonographs. (See Majestic page).



Norman Brooks sent photographs of a machine labelled Dominion Phonograph Co., Toronto, Canada.




Toronto Daily Star, October 24, 1918, p. 15. A Dominion phonograph for sale at the Thomas Claxton store, 251 Yonge St., Toronto.



TDS, October 10, 1919, p. 17.



TDS, May 21, 1920, p. 18.



TDS, May 26, 1920, p. 18.



TDS, October 13, 1920, p. 17.

Back